Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Get The Picture

 "Part of that patched up, crippled up, gone, graduated, sunk, secondary." Larry Munson.

A Work in Progress. 

I got a chance to meet Larry when I did "The 12th Man." Went to his house - we talked fishing and he signed my prints. I felt like I was talking to the radio. I cherish the memory.

No matter how many times I hear it - I get chills when he begs Lindsay to run. I remember pacing the floor in my bedroom and praying right along with Larry for the Dawgs to "Hunker it down one more time." Because of Larry. I remember where I was when Butler kicked it 100,000 miles to beat Clemson and when Herschel "broke the all-time record for a freshman back, 64 or 65 yards" and on and on.

I loved Larry Munson!

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Hey Stokey,this is Souuthern.Are you gonna make prints of this? Let me know. ktnkp@yahoo.com

Tim said...

Hey Noah
Will this be available for purchase?

Noah Stokes said...

Yes Tim it will. Email me and I'll give you the information. noahstokes@yahoo.com

John H said...

NS,
I found a large 12 man in Florida a few months back. I now have both sizes proudly displayed. Did you ever finish Get the picture. Sure would like to have a copy for my Larry library....
Thanks
John H