Monday, July 12, 2010

The Human Vacuum Cleaner

Watercolor 9" x 18" - Brooks Robinson

The greatest defensive third baseman of all-time - Brook Robinson. Brooks could "pick it" at third like no other. He was a fine hitter as well but in the 1970 WS against the Reds he made so many outstanding plays they nicknamed him "The Human Vacuum Cleaner."

This my second watercolor (Aaron was my first) so I am still leaning how to push the paint around. I am starting another today. This time I'll try a pitcher.

3 comments:

Craig Morrisom said...

masterful job ... you really captured a vivid boyhood memory of my baseball hero!

LSG Industrial & Office Products, Inc. said...

So cool!
Viper Vacuums Philippines

Roy Firestone said...

Great work ! Brooks is a friend and my personal hero...How much for the watercolor? Roy Firestone @RoyFirestone.com